Monday, March 7, 2016

A Fresh Start


For the past eight years I have been working as a college professor and shooting on the side. Prior to that I worked as a full-time professional photographer doing portraits and weddings. I’ve gotten quite a few great gigs, worked with some great folks and done a lot of neat things. Lately I’ve specialized in promotional photography of aircraft and yachts, which has been a lot of fun. 








So it’s time for a change and it’s time to make travel, photography and art a bigger part of my life again.


Our floating home.



Last year, my wife Lucy and I sold our house, saved our pennies and bought our dream boat. We are now living aboard while cruising: traveling up the east coast of the US this summer and then back to Florida and the Bahamas after hurricane season passes. Long term plans? Not really sure! We are chronicling our nautical exploits on our ship’s blog: boatlifelarks.com. Check it out and join the adventure!







Ready to cruise!


Set sail with us!




With the change in pace comes this new website. MClaiborne.com has gone through a lot of revisions over the years, but I wanted to make a few changes and add a more personal feel. This blog is a place to share my portfolio and even some of the more techy aspects of travel photography while working from a boat. So sit back and follow along! 

--Matt

3 comments: